Parents and professionals can browse the following links and resources to learn more information about a variety of topics related to ABA, ASD, ID, and services in Durham Region for individuals with ID or ASD.
We will be posting practical resources and articles on new topics each month.
- What is Reinforcement - Positive vs. Negative
- Isn't Reinforcement Just Bribery
- How to Use Reinforcement Most Effectively
- Types of Reinforcement
- Differential Reinforcement
What Does Research Say about Reinforcement?
When choosing any intervention strategy it is important to know what research evidence is there to support the effectiveness of the strategy. These articles will provide you some insight into the evidence available on reinforcement. Much more research is available on this topic.
- Using Aberrant Behaviors as Reinforcers for Autistic Children
- Evaluation of a Brief Stimulus Preference Assessment
- An Investigation of Differential Reinforcement of Alternative Behavior Without Extinction