I CAN DO IT: A “how-to” lesson on teaching children with ASD daily living skills
- Thursday, May 31, 2018, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 31, 2018, 8:30 PM
- Click to download
Activities of daily living (ADL) are important for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to learn in order to achieve independence and learn skills they will need for life.
The focus of this workshop is to provide practical strategies to help you develop skills on how to teach activities of daily living to your children. Topics that will be covered include:
- How to pick what skill/activities to teach
- How to break down tasks into teachable steps
- How to teach the skills and monitor progress
- How to apply these strategies to other skills in the future
Parents will participate in interactive hands-on activities and will receive resources to help support their child at home.
Parents/caregivers of children with ASD living in the Durham Region. No cost required.
Having trouble registering online?
Contact Grandview Kids at (905) 728-1673 ext. 2248 for assistance/questions.
Lake Ridge Community Support Services
900 Hopkins Street, Unit 8,