SOCIAL SKILLS 101: A Guide to Behaviour Skills Training
- Monday, June 4, 2018, 6:30 PM
- Monday, June 4, 2018, 8:30 PM
- Click to download
Parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) may experience many challenges and opportunities to learn across the lifespan of their child. The focus of this workshop is to provide parent/caregivers with information and skill training on how to teach social skills to their children by using the Behaviour Skills Training (BST) model.
Parents who attend this workshop will:
- Learn how to identify essential social skill goals for your child
- Practice different ways to model appropriate social skills to your child
- Create opportunities for your child to practice social skills
- Learn how to encourage positive social skills
Parents will participate in interactive discussions and will receive resources to better understand how they can support their child at home.
Parents/caregivers of children with ASD living in the Durham Region. No cost required.
LocationLake Ridge Community Support Services
900 Hopkins Street,
Unit 8, Whitby