IT'S A SCIENCE! ABA 101
- Thursday, October 25, 2018, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, October 25, 2018, 8:30 PM
- Click to download
Parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) may experience many challenges and opportunities to learn across the lifespan of their child. The focus of this workshop is to provide parent/caregivers with an in depth introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in practice.
Parents who attend this workshop will:
- Defining “What is ABA?” and “What can I do with it?”
- Discussing “What is behaviour” and how to pick goals
- Identifying what the ABA assessment and intervention process looks like
- Defining important ABA terminologies for parents/caregivers to know
Parents/caregivers will participate in interactive discussions and will receive resources to better understand how they can support their child at home.
Parents/caregivers of children with ASD registered with the Ontario Autism Program and living in the Durham Region. No cost required.
If your child is not currently registered with the Ontario Autism Program but you are interested in our workshops, contact Lake Ridge Community Support Services at (905) 666-9688 to learn more.
Having trouble registering online?
Contact Grandview Kids at (905) 728-1673 ext. 2248 for assistance/questions.
LocationLake Ridge Community Support Services
900 Hopkins Street,
Unit 8, Whitby