SOCIAL SKILLS 101: A Guide to Behaviour Skills Training (Ages 6-12)
- Thursday, February 28, 2019, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, February 28, 2019, 8:30 PM
- Click to download
Location: Lake Ridge Community Support Services, 900 Hopkins St. Unit 8, Whitby
Parents/caregivers of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) may experience many challenges and opportunities to learn across the lifespan of their child. The focus of this workshop is to provide parent/caregivers with information and skill training on how to teach social skills to their children by using the Behaviour Skills Training (BST) model.
Parents who attend this workshop will:
- Learn how to identify essential social skill goals for your child
- Practice different ways to model appropriate social skills to your child
- Create opportunities for your child to practice social skills
- Learn how to encourage positive social skills
Parents/caregivers will participate in interactive discussions and will receive resources to better understand how they can support their child at home.
Parents/caregivers of a child aged 6 to 12 years old with ASD registered with the Ontario Autism Program and living in the Durham Region. No cost required.
If your child is not currently registered with the Ontario Autism Program but you are interested in our workshops, contact Lake Ridge Community Support Services at (905) 666-9688 to learn more.
Having trouble registering online?
Contact Grandview Kids at (905) 728-1673 ext. 2248 for assistance/questions.
LocationLake Ridge Community Support Services
900 Hopkins Street,
Unit 8, Whitby