TOILETING SUCCESS: How You Can Make It Happen
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 8:30 PM
- Click to download
Location: Lake Ridge Community Support Services, 900 Hopkins St, Unit 8, Whitby
Learning to use the toilet is an exciting and sometimes challenging step for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The focus of this workshop is to provide parents and caregivers practical strategies in order to help their child learn to use the toilet independently.
Topics that will be covered include:
- How to recognize signs of readiness for toilet training
- Positive strategies to help children achieve success with daytime and nighttime toilet training
- Advice on how to deal with toilet training setbacks and difficulties
Parents will participate in interactive hands-on activities and will receive resources to help support their child at home as well as within the school context.
Parents/caregivers of children with ASD registered with the Ontario Autism Program and living in the Durham Region. No cost required.
If your child is not currently registered with the Ontario Autism Program but you are interested in our workshops, contact Lake Ridge Community Support Services at (905) 666-9688 to learn more.
Having trouble registering online?
Contact Grandview Kids at (905) 728-1673 ext. 2248 for assistance/questions.
Lake Ridge Community Support Services
900 Hopkins Street, Unit 8