Parents and professionals can browse the following links and resources to learn more information about a variety of topics related to ABA, ASD, ID, and services in Durham Region for individuals with ID or ASD.
We will be posting practical resources and articles on new topics each month.
Providing Choices Resources
- Tips for Providing Choice
- Sample Pictures for Choice Board
- Choice Board Example and Template_1
- Choice Board Example and Template_2
- Choice Board Example and Template_3
- Choice Board Example and Template_4
What Does Research Say on Providing Choice?
When choosing any intervention strategy it is important to know what research evidence is there to support the effectiveness of the strategy. These articles will provide you some insight into the evidence available on providing. Much more research is available on this topic.
- An Evaluation of the Value of Choice with Pre-school children
- Effects of Choice Making on the Serious Problem Behavior of Students with Severe Handicaps
- Choice Making to Promote Adaptive Behavior for Students with Emotional and Behavioral Challenges
- Evaluation of Client Preference for Function-Based Treatment Packages